Client ID and Client Secret
Before you can integrate Amelia with Google Calendars, you must create a “Client ID” and “Client Secret”.
- In a new window that appears, click on “NEW PROJECT” in the top right:
- Enter the project name, select “No organization” and click on “CREATE”:
- You will see the project is being created in the top right, and when it is created you will see a notification similar to what you can see here:
- If you click on this notification, it will take you to the Project’s dashboard:
- n that window, hover over “APIs & Services” on the left, and then select “OAuth consent screen”
- The first step in the OAuth consent screen is to select the User Type. Since your employees will be registering with their own Gmail accounts, you need to select “External”, and click on “Create”.
- A new window will open where you need to type “Application name” and enter your domain under the “Authorized domains” section. When you enter the domain name hit ENTER to add it.
- After you enter the domain name click “Save”.
- The console will then display the details of the OAuth consent. Here, you need to click on “Library” in the left-hand menu and it will take you to the API library.
- Search for the Google Calendar API on the next screen:
- Google Calendar API
- User data
- And click on “What credentials do I need?”