Employees are those who perform a service. It is necessary to have at least one employee created for the plugin to work properly. This option is specifically for companies with several employees to make it easier for them to manage and track their appointments, their availability, and the services they provide. If you have just one employee and you don’t want it shown on the front pages, don’t worry. When you create only one employee it will be automatically hidden on the front pages.
Managing a single Employee
Let’s begin creating the first employee. Go to the “Employees” page, click on the “Add Employee” button or the “+” button on the bottom right side of the page and the “New Employee” dialog will appear. We will now go through the options:
- Details – is the first tab for creating the employee.
It consists of:
- Employee photo – for every employee you are able to set the photo that will be visible on both sides of the plugin – on the back-end so you or your manager can differentiate them easily, and on your website so your customers or clients can see them.
- First Name, Last Name, and Email are mandatory fields for every employee. Note that you cannot have two employees with the same email – if you enter the same email a second time, and try to save the employee, you will see a red alert under the email option that informs you about an already existing email.
- Location – This option isn’t always visible:
- Location – This option isn’t always visible:
- WordPress User – This allows you to give your employee an account that allows entrance to the back-end of the plugin. By adding this role, you give your employees an option to see their appointments on the Appointments page and Calendar and export the list of their appointments so they can track it any time. You can select an existing user (that you created on the Users page) or Create New by clicking on the button in this dropdown. If you click to create a new WordPress user, once you save the employee, a new Amelia employee user with the email you entered above will be created. Then you can go to the Users page to change the password and other settings regarding this user. With this option you are giving your employees
- Google Calendar – where your employees can connect their Google Calendars, so once the appointment is scheduled it will be automatically added to their calendar. All they need to do is to click on the button beside the Google Calendar option and they will be redirected to choose their Google Account. Once they choose it, they will be back on their profile in the Amelia Plugin with the selected Google Calendar email.
- Please note that, after choosing the Google account your employee will be synced with, you may be presented with “This app isn’t verified” screen.
- This is happening because the verification is not yet complete, and you simply need to click on “Advanced” and then on “Go to your-website (unsafe)“, and you will be redirected to the next screen where you need to allow Amelia to access the calendar.
- Once the Calendar is connected the Google button will change in color and offer an option to “Sign out from Google“, so you’ll know if the synchronization is working.
- Phone and Note are additional settings that are not mandatory, but you can enable if you want additional information. These options will not be visible on the front-end of your website
- Assigned Services – This is where you can check the services provided by at current employee. Each employee can have more than one assigned service and there is no limit on the number of services that can be assigned, i.e. all services can be checked. Once you check a service, the price and capacity inputs become available, allowing you to set a custom price and capacity for the employee.
- Work Hours – This is where you set custom working hours and breaks for any employee if that employee has different working hours and breaks from those you’ve set in the company global settings. You can choose different working hours and breaks for any day, but if you want to set the same schedule for the entire week, simply set it for Monday and click on the “Apply to All Days” button and the Monday schedule will be copied to the other days.
Click on the + button and new options will open, choose time in “Work Hours” option, choose services that employee will offer in that period of time and then choose a location. From version 2.1 we’ve added option for employees to work on multiple locations so now it is possible to set different locations for different periods in a day or days in a week. In the employees details you can still set one default location, so if your employee works on only one location just set it in the “Details” tab and you don’t have to set it in the work hours for each period since the default location will be automatically added to all periods. However, if you have multiple locations for one employee you will be able to choose one location for each time period that you create.
- Days Of